I am trying to find a p/n for a line on my 943. The line is located on top by 3 test ports and goes to the left side of the machine , probably 20" long about 3/8 in diameter and has the rubber Ferrell type compression fitting. It was dripping pretty heavily at the top fitting and was as tight as it would go. The s/n is 03Y01878 , I looked at the online partstore thru Whayne and all it says is " No documentation available". It gives me that for pretty much the whole machine. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Any chance of a photo taken from far enough away to show the line in question but close enough to see where it goes..? Maybe it might need 2 photos.
Here are a few pics of the line. Also the trans filter seems to be located or retrofitted so it can be changed without jacking up the cab.
Does this illustration look as though it contains anything like it..? This group is the 3G-7395 Hydrostatic Power Case Lines Group. I show your transmission (1DA2840) as falling in the group of 1DA2761-3009. There are 12 different versions so it's important to get the correct one.
Here are hopefully some better pics.
Nige what is #25 described as? (nut assem ?) Later Bob
Bob, #25 is a 5P-8549 Connector As which includes a nut 5P-8752. #9 is a 3G-5432 Tube.
Nige he might get away with two connector assemblies, some are the complete fitting and some are the nut, rubber and washers. I always kept some of he nuts with rubber in them in my tool box. Check the NPR and see where the connector #'s go. Later Bob
It looks like from the parts schematic its the underspeed travel tube. There was no band on it. I really wish I could look on sis for parts but when I log on all it says is no documentation.
I think your tube is item 13 which is 4T9945. The seals are 8T9502. There are also three small steel washer type components that go between the seal and the nut. It's important to get them in the correct order. Shout out is you need any guidance on this.
If I can replace the hardware on each end of the tube , I'll try that first. The proper order of installation and p/n would be helpfull. I pulled on the old nut to see if it would come off with no luck. I believe the tube is ok visually checking. The leak was at the nut on the top of the HPCU. Thanks for the guidance this far.
If you're missing any of the metal washers, you can't buy them separately They come with the nut that Nige listed above. The order of assembly is; First, install the nut with the open end towards the end of the tube. (Obviously!) Next, the cup shaped washer with the concave side towards the end of the tube. Then the cone shaped washer with the convex side towards the end of the tube. Then the T shaped washer with the leg of the T towards the end of the tube. Then the seal. They should go on either way, but I seem to remember early ones had a counterbore moulded into the bore which registered with the leg on the T shaped washer. It is worth checking in case you have an early one.
Ok got the tube ordered , 2 nuts , 2 seal kits. I decided to go ahead and get the tube as the end has a significant groove in it. Total parts are 80$. Seems every time I call about parts for this machine even though I had these part numbers , they always have a hard time finding what it is or where it goes. I would think the 953 trans has the same line.
Would any of you be able to tell me whete this machine was built and shipped to? My dealer suggested today it was a grey market machine. Hope to have tube on an leak check tomorrow.
Your particular 943 was built in the Cat factory in Grenoble, France on the 16th of November 1986. No idea who was the original purchaser. Just because the machine was manufactured in France doesn't make it a grey market machine in my book. However I have no specific evidence to back up that statement. Maybe someone else can confirm that French-built machines were being shipped to US customers during that time frame which would make it a kosher machine as opposed to a grey market import.
Picked up my parts today , the tube is wrong and the seals are wrong. The nut assembly seem to be right. The tube I need is a 4T9945 , they sent a 3G5432. My receipts are marked non returnable which by God will see about that. The counter guys could give a **** either way. One thing the nut assemblies did have the washers and seals , they had no idea what was with it so I got 2 little orings thrown in that fit ? I have found a different prefix machine that carries the same transmission number as my loader. I looked at it and it seems to be the same. I wonder if I will get myself in trouble trying to use this prefix to order parts? This is frustrating. A big reason I turn to this forum is I get more accurate information, that helps a lot.
4T-9945 Tube is Item #9 on the illustration I posted earlier. 3G-5432 Tube is Item #13. They bear no relation to one another, as you have already discovered. So long as you ordered the correct Part Number initially IMHO it's the dealer's ***k up and they should take back the wrong part no questions asked.