Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

950g

Bhaag ยท 2015-01-09 23:18

I am looking at a 2001 950G wheel loader. The machine has about 10,500hrs on it. What does a person need to look for. Serial number is 3JW02041 if anyone could look that up and give me and info available I would appreciate it. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1big ben2015-01-09 23:34

    You need to look for everything !!! With the machine being in that hr range a lot of things may have been replaced or have not been replaced and many need to be sometime soon. I would want history - how many of the big components or original - trans, engine, diffs ? They may be perfectly fine its just good to know. If the seals and bearings in the trans have 10,500 hrs or 2000 hrs thats a big difference. Does it have an oil sample history ? Check all front linkage pins and bushings for excess play. Check the center hitch (lower hitch fails before upper) for play. Rear axle trunions. Leaks and general appearance can tell how the machine has been maintained. Plus the obvious usual stuff - engine runs ok, smoke, shifts through all gears, hyd work ok, coolant in the rad, check magnetic plugs in the finals. I do believe depending on your mechanical ability an inspection by a mechanic is well worth it if you are considering buying