Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

953 brakes won’t release

Junk runner · 2019-01-06 11:13

I have a 1986 953. I have the cab up and the brake lever pinned in place on the transmission. The machine won’t move in forward or reverse and will make a laborious whine when you push the lever for forward or reverse. I looked in my book and put a gauge on the quick connect test port number 3 that said was brake pressure. I have 0 pressure in Park and when I try to go forward or backwards. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1Dave Neubert2019-01-08 19:58

    Are you doing this with the lever pinned

  2. #2Junk runner2019-01-08 20:24

    Yes I have the lever pinned but still a no go.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2019-01-08 20:38

    Iam not sure but I believe pinning the lever locks the brakes unpin it and disconnect the linkage

  4. #4Junk runner2019-01-08 20:53

    Ok I’ll give that a try. Thanks

  5. #5Dave Neubert2019-01-08 21:05

    I think you pin it to lock brakes so you can run it and to pressure tests without it running it over. It takes pressure to release the brakes they are applied by a spring