Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

953 Lift cylinders.

ChristopherM84 · 2021-09-28 17:02

I’m having trouble finding vin number specific lift arm seal kits. Both are leaking and need fixed. Vin 44z00226 if anyone can help. Thanks.

Replies21
  1. #1AllDodge2021-09-28 18:12

    Found on SIS

  2. #2Nige2021-09-29 04:36

    SIS doesn't often contain info on seal kits. The illustration below is taken from the Hydraulic Cylinder & Seal reference book. Tilt Cylinders are clear, the kit is 244-0977. The problem is with the lift cylinders. There are two possible kits (186-4350 or 186-4378) depending on the Part Number and/or Change Level (CHG) of the lift cylinder assembly. Latest Part Numbers are:- 186-4350->228-5271 186-4378->228-5272 Compared to 228-5271, all the parts in both kits are identical except that 228-5272 contains an additional wear ring. If you were to buy that kit then you might have one piece left over but you would guarantee it would have everything you need.

  3. #3kshansen2021-09-29 07:43

    Well I see AllDodge got the parts break down for you. How about the remove, install and rebuild info? See attached PDF.

  4. #4ChristopherM842021-09-29 08:27

    Thank y’all very much. Way more info than I can find Been googling and searching for days and this is way more than I could find.

  5. #5kshansen2021-09-29 08:31

    Well all I can say is the best thing you did is to include the S/N(vin) in the original post, makes it much easier for those trying to find information! I know that PDF shows all kinds of fancy tooling but it should at least give you an idea on the process.

  6. #6ChristopherM842021-09-29 13:49

    Anyone know the right part number for the front windshield seal. It isn’t 8g-0480

  7. #7Nige2021-09-29 14:31

    That's the only number I can find. It's also used on the cab windows on the 953B. What makes you say it's not the right one.?

  8. #8ChristopherM842021-09-29 14:49

    I ordered it and it’s premolded square corners

  9. #9Nige2021-09-29 15:10

    Can you find a data plate anywhere in the cab with a Cat Part Number on it - or anything else with a Part Number.? I looked back at the photo you posted originally and I'm not at all certain that's a factory cab.

  10. #10ChristopherM842021-09-29 16:42

    Plate on cab

  11. #11Nige2021-09-30 06:09

    Sorry I should have explained better. I was thinking of a plate somewhere inside the cab containing the Part Number of the Cab Assembly or similar.

  12. #12ChristopherM842021-09-30 10:18

    I’ll look this afternoon. None of them had square corners on the front glass though did they ?

  13. #13Nige2021-09-30 10:35

    I'd like one of the track loader gurus such as Cmark or Dave Neubert to weigh in TBH. I know you said the 8G-0480 had "square" corners and is in one complete piece but is it at all flexible in the corners and could it possibly be opened out from being square to something more rounded in order to fit the profile of the glass.? Often with seals like that dropping them in a bucket of hot water works wonders.

  14. #14Cmark2021-09-30 17:31

    8G0480 is the only part number I can come up with for the front window seal on a 44Z. Can't say for sure on the glass shape on all incarnations of the 953 though. A quick google shows this one with square corners. Could someone have welded gussets into the corners to make it accept off-the-shelf rubber? It wouldn't surprise me. Close up photos would probably give a clue.

  15. #15ChristopherM842021-09-30 19:38

    I ended up ordering this. It measured exactly same as what was on it. My loader is an 81 model The square corner cat part wouldn’t be able to be used. By the time u tried to cut it out and make it work it would be to short.

  16. #16ChristopherM842021-09-30 19:40

    Here’s a 82 with same cab configuration

  17. #17Cmark2021-09-30 22:39

    Yep. That's an aftermarket canopy-cab conversion.

  18. #18ChristopherM842021-10-01 07:43

    Do you know manufacturers of them ?

  19. #19kshansen2021-10-01 08:08

    Have you looked over the cab inside and out real good? Usually there would be a tag some place that at the least has the manufacture's name.

  20. #20DB22021-10-01 08:12

    There was a company in Oklahoma that built them but the name escapes me right now.

  21. #21Cmark2021-10-01 10:23

    Jaysus. It's right there in the listing on the website that YOU provided and you made ME go and google. Do you want me to come over and wipe your effing arse for you as well?