Working on a 953C BBX serial number prefix. I had to remove the cab in order to replace the head because of injector cups leaking and valves were also leaking. I got that work done, put the cab back on the machine, hooked up all wiring harness and now the starter won't engage. There is a service code that "030 0248.02" which comes up as a data link problem. My question is where is the "datalink" located? I very seldom work on electronic machines. My expirtee is older equipment 992B's, D8K's, 955's, 621's D343's, so I'm not sure where to start with this problem. Any help is appreciated or has anyone had this problem?
The Cat Datalink wiring in the machine harness is how the various electronic modules communicate with one another. See attached. You will probably need an electrical schematic. To identify the correct one (there are 3) for a BBX=prefix machine - is the S/N up to 599, between 600-1999, or over 2000.?
thanks BBX 02835
Keep an eye on your messages.
finally got the problem fixed , although I'm not sure what it was because I took all the connections apart and cleaned the with contact cleaner and put them back together and it fired up. So which one of the seven or eight it was I can't answer that.
It sounds as though probably something was disturbed when the cab was removed/reinstalled.