I have a 953C 2ZN5200 . its throwing itself into neutral and forward and reverse. It was throwing multiple codes but said the codes weren't active, so I cleared them all, but it's still showing a 079 132.04 code. but it doesn't show it active. But both transmission lights are flashing and the buzzer lights are going off. Does anyone have any ideas to help me out?
throwing itself into neutral in forward and reverse . book says sensor or ground short ?
Correct. It's either the return wire for the Override Pressure Sensor shorted to Ground or a dodgy sensor.
I have these files in mine service manual but I’m not smart enough to know what to do now as far as finding the bad ground wire. Like I said earlier it’s not showing the code active but it’s still messing the computer up ?
I cleared this code +2 other they showed in active , all the others cleared but this code keeps popping up I can clear it again and then it pops back up but it shows in active?
And I don’t know what it means when it says shorted to ground don’t know what to do to fix or find that issue? That sensor is on the left-hand side of the machine on the ECM manifold correct? I have unplugged it
Well if you have all the necessary documentation to troubleshoot the problem and you are struggling to understand it then it sounds like you need to get outside help on the machine with you. There is only so much the forum can do without actually being there.
Do you have any insight or advice on the questions I asked above ?
The answers are all in the Troubleshooting procedure I posted above, not knowing that you already had it........... Do you have a DMM that you could use to check the continuity of Wire 852 Green between the 3-pin connector at the sensor and Pin B10 of the Hydrostatic Trandmission ECM.? TBH if the Code comes and goes it could be nothing more complicated than corrosion on one of the connectors either at the sensor or the ECM side, or even a loose connector. I assume that you have already opened up all the connectors for that circuit and cleaned them .?
checked 852 green it showed good continuity from sensor to ecm. plugged things back together now its running fine ? im guessing if it does it again relpace the sensor ? maybe shorting internally ? l ran the machine half a day with no issues !
I wouldn't. If all you did to get the Code to go away was unplug and re-plug I would suggest that the chances are it is either corrosion or damp in a connection. Maybe a good dose of electrical contact cleaner on all the harness connectors.? Also can you erase all the Codes.? if you can get rid of everything that is Logged then if anything turns up you will see it straight away. You will need a Click Box or a couple of bits of auto electrical cable (see Page 5 of the thread). HeavyEquipmentForums Correction. You have the on-board Scroll/Clear switches under the arm-rest, so it will be even easier to erase all the Codes.
i do . i have deleted the 132;04 code 3 times and it pops back up on service code screen , but always shows inactive ? so i guess i will run and see what happens . very aggravating !
I agree with you - aggravating. If you're 100% sure of the electrical connections then maybe have a new pressure sensor on standby just in case.