Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

953c right side final drive

Andrew01 ยท 2022-02-12 23:14

Ok need some help I got a 2001 953c 2zn loader I was running it on a job and the right side track started to act up like it was binding up. I got off and checked the sprocket to make sure nothing was stuck in between the track it wasn't I jump back in the seat slowly moved forward and the sprocket makes one full turn and acts like it's binding up like the gears have broken but I'll back up it goes a full-turn backwards and does the same no code I get it push up on the lowboy get it home break the track down I check the oil it's Clean I pull the center plate off and pull the center gear out it's clean look new nothing broken with the gear out I turn the sprocket with my hands to check the other 3 gears they loom good I put the gear back in and try to move it forward it starts to act up the the light in the dash started to come on could the right side pump be bad it got 11000 hours on it

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2022-02-12 23:51

    Which light are you talking about.? Got a photo.?

  2. #2heymccall2022-02-13 00:59

    My 2ZN scrambled the drive hydraulics twice. Can you cut open the hydrostat filters? Machine history? Has it been updated to have separate left and right side filtration? Mine was updated after 2nd failure. Are there any codes?

  3. #3Andrew012022-02-13 13:36
  4. #4Andrew012022-02-13 13:38

    The light can on once so it may be a code I just don't know how to get the code to pop up on the screen

  5. #5Nige2022-02-13 14:24

    The light is for a "hydrostatic transmission fault". Does the SERV CODE icon in the RH side of the window directly below that light stay on after the panel completes its self test when you first key on.? If so then you have at least one Active Diagnostic Code. See if the attached helps. The SERVICE & CLEAR switches are located under the RH armrest. DO NOT , under any circumstances, mess about with the "Sensor/Speed Calibrate" switch unless you really know what you're doing.