Hi all I have a question The last couple weeks my 953c when it sits overnight then I start it up the next morning it will fire up then skip and almost cutting off then clear up and idle fine It seems to be getting worse Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this Thanks I’m advance for and advice
O-ring missing between the water bowl and the 117-4089 separator filter?
Air, just a matter of where's it coming from. To confirm, you could try the priming pump if you have one, before you start it to see if it starts better and stumbles less. Or, keep the cable shut off on the injection pump off, or disconnect the wire if electric shut off, and crank it for five seconds, three times, then turn it on and start it to see if it goes better that way.
Ours has done that since we owned it. I may do some investigating. Tho it always does start
Our 953C BBX has done that since new when it's cooler or cold outside. It's hydro's also like to be warm before she'll really go to work as well. I usually check her over, fire her up and then grease all the fittings. This does 2 things - let's the machine warm up and I get my daily stretches in contorting myself to reach the inside idler carrier fittings.
I guess I was a couple decades off on technology on this one. NCmoore77, is this a new machine to you, or have you run it through a winter and this is a new issue? Might help to search by the engine model, 3126 HEUI? which I'm not familiar with. Maybe some of them got intake heaters and some didn't? It still could be air, but I couldn't tell you where to start looking.
Serial number would help. Is the water separator a 117-4089 (3116) or a 326-1644 (3126)? Or even older 3116 with one of these?
I have had the machine a little over a year and it just started doing this the last few weeks The serial number is 2ZN01195
It's a 127-2308 assembly with a 117-4089 element.
As far as I know, there's a huge difference between a 3116 and a 3126 regarding this starting issue. Or more accurately, there's a huge difference between a mechanical unit injection and a hydraulic electric unit injector. The mechanical system should fire immediately, or produce white smoke out the exhaust immediately if it's too cold and no intake heater. The hydraulic electric injector is more likely to take a few seconds to build oil pressure? And more sensitive to wear in the oil system?
Engine is a 3116 MUI. It might be worth going back and answering this question before going any further down the rabbit hole.
My 2ZN01777 came with metal bowl pre-filter with screen inside, and per a PI, received a 117-4089 with the primary filter (1R0751?) swapped for a primary and secondary filter, 1R-0751 & 1R-0753.
As for the Oring under the 117-4089, my Deeres have the same FM100 filter types, and, just last month, I had to add that Oring as the Deere dealer forgot it 200hrs before (in for turbo work and thought they could service it, too ) It had the same starting symptoms, ran perfect after hiccupping a few times, and finally threw rail pressure codes around 200 hours later. Not a single drop of fuel on the filter or bowl to suggest that it was omitted.
This is my water separator I changed it today I’ll see if it helps tomorrow