On my 955 I seem to have "lost" 2nd gear.When I'm in high range it almost never went in.Now its got to where it won't go in at all.I pulled the valve body and put in new O rings(yellow ones) no change.I think there is a lockout on the range transmission somewhere.Are there any old timers around that have run into this before?I'm planning to get into the pasture this week end and clear around my terex with a thrown track,oh joy! ointhead
How much wear is there in the shift linkage?, if it's real loose you may not be getting quite enough travel to engage 2nd.
linkage is lose but it feels like it hits a wall.Changed the trans filter the other night and it was collapsed on the inside?any reason for this? thanks russ
Unless you know how long the filter has been in there it may have collapsed through old age.
Could have collapsed from being plugged and the bypass being stuck shut.