Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955H PTO slips out of gear?

garythomak ยท 2013-12-24 15:49

Hi, I have a 955H Track Loader, S/N 60A10479. It has petal steering and does everything I need it to do, runs good, no smoke, undercarriage is about 50%. Not long ago I hooked up the backhoe that came with the machine, it was like new except for hoses. I replaced the hoses and the hydraulic pump and the back-hoe works fine as long as it faces downhill? It seems the PTO stops when you are on the level or not facing downhill? The PTO works when you put the Hi/Low range shifter in neutral and the transmission in gear (reverse). Any ideas? Gary

Replies4
  1. #1Bob/Ont2013-12-25 00:20

    Look for an interlock on the range trans shifter. Been a long time and my good memory is short. Later Bob

  2. #2garythomak2013-12-25 06:48

    Thanks Bob I will look at that, is this an adjustment?

  3. #3Bob/Ont2013-12-25 10:02

    I think there is an adjustment of a linkage to the N 1 2 shift lever so the range can't be shifted unless the Powershift is in neutral. Later Bob

  4. #4garythomak2013-12-25 17:49

    Bob, I haven't looked at it yet, weather has been cold and we have our grand kids this week but I remember trying to adjust something in the linkage, it was hard to get to, low on the transmission on the drivers side. It didn't want to go in until I adjusted it and after changing it a little it seemed to work so I stopped. I might have it close but not enough to have it stay in. I don't have the exact book for the machine so I couldn't find much in the book. Gary