Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955k

chasman ยท 2010-07-19 09:50

Here's a few pics of a 955K that we bought to replace the burnt 951C out at the ranch. It was a county machine up around waco and had a road cab on it before I purchased it, had the Rops put on at the place I bought it at. We'll be using it to push cedar and maybe dig some rocks. Enjoy

Replies4
  1. #1boone2010-07-19 14:18

    That's a good lookin' 955. Pity about the 951, I saw your thread and pics of the aftermath. What did you end up doing with it? Also, I noticed you have a fire extinguisher onboard. Did you mount that yourself? We have one for our machine, but haven't mounted it yet. Don't really know where to stick it.

  2. #2badwolf3402010-07-19 15:21

    nice looking machine ...........enjoy

  3. #3rustyjames2010-07-19 18:15

    That's sweet, I aways loved those 955's, a true CAT classic.

  4. #4chasman2010-07-19 21:07

    Good eye and yes the fire extingusher install was the first thing I did once it came off the haul truck. lol!! There used to be a heater down there where I bolted in the fire extingusher, it got deleted via a cutting torch especially since we didn't really need a heater once the glass and steel road cab was stripped off. Once I get screens on it I will probably move the extinguisher up to the inside of the cab as it sorta gets in the way if you try to enter the driver seat from the left side. Yeah the 951C is still in the shed, was trying to sell it but not a whole lotta fellas jumping at the chance to rebuild it or even scrap it. I would like to find another one with blown finals or engine then I could probably revive it.