OK, so I am ripping this thing apart for bands. All the crap will be off of it. Symptom: Upon initial start up... let warm a couple minutes.. machine won't move. Must go to 3/4 throttle and shift into 1,2,3, r1,2,r3. After a couple times and max rpm... it will start to move slowly. After warms up runs its balls off. So, I will be looking for: 1) Clogged intake screen 2) Source of vacuum leak on inlet side of pump (from tank, line, filter) 3) If nothing, then yank the pump out? Is there anything I am missing? It seems as after it warms up, oil thins, hence flows easier into pump. Has anyone seen cracks on the suction line? Or internally collapsing line? Or is it hard steel line? Poor o-ring on screen causing leaks? Thanks Wags
Oops, I'm an idiot. Mod, please move to track loaders?? Wags
Yeah, I've had issues with D7E's and D7F's with leaks at the o-rings on the suction side of the pump.
Clean the magnetic screen by the trans filter and then check the pump pressure at the plug on the filter cover. Look for pressure holding 90% of full throttle value at low throttle with warm oil. The fact it gives problem when cold and is good when warm indicates a clogged screen that restricts thick oil flow. A worn pump or some other leak would "work good when cold but gives trouble when it gets warm". Later Bob
Now, a bit of back information. This loader HAS been underwater. I know, cause I did it. I pulled it out, drained engine oil, and bevel gearcase oil and changed before I started it up. I pumped all the fluid I could out of the trans, but I am sure there was still some water in it. It was winter. I moved it (had to) while running, changed fluids a couple fo times. SO, it is possible I cracked something due to freezing I assume. I will check what you guys said, first. Then pull pump if I have to. Thanks Wags
Very Interesting! Might be some "Hard Water" in the suction screen while below freezing, aswell as dirt. Clean the screen and run it and get it real HOT the next day above freezing. Then change the trans oil and filter. When the oil stops looking creamy it should run very good. Don't take anything apart just yet. Later Bob
Will do. Thanks Wags I'll pull the dipstick again. I believe I flushed it 3x and oil was dry. Will check again. This "event" was a couple years ago. I will check fluid, pull screen. It has been run hard since then.
Working on the piece today. I started it up and went around back to unbolt FOPS. I heard a "sucking sound" from near the trans screen area. Hard to isolate, since the engine was running at low idle.... may be onto something there. Will check all seals, lines, etc when apart. Thanks Wags
What weight oil are you running in it?
30, but it does the same thing when warmer also. I know it is cold for 30wt this time of year, it mostly gets used in the spring, summer, fall. Wags