Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955K Dozer bucket controls

Thesteeleboy ยท 2016-08-21 20:03

Probably a stupid question but, I just operated my first 955K yesterday. The bucket controls for rolling the bucket were backwards, ** push forward to role back and pull back to role down **. the owner said all 955K's were like that. Is that true or has someone plumbed it wrong.

Replies3
  1. #1Metalman 552016-08-21 20:14

    Yes, all of the older Cat track loaders that I am aware of were that way.......seems backwards at first, but after you get used to it you get used to it. I have an old 941 & 955L & they are both that way. The older rubber tired loaders were the other way.....push forward to dump. Don't know why Cat did it both ways.

  2. #2RayF2016-08-21 23:00

    I mainly operated Case 450 and 1150 traxcavators. Every now and again I used a 941B. The bucket control took 5 minutes to get used to but worked really well when loading trucks.

  3. #3Thesteeleboy2016-08-22 00:00

    Thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated.