Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955k part # help

Knhill ยท 2015-09-20 11:22

Was wondering if anyone knew the part # for the track tensioner grease fitting and the relief valve for a 955k. Also a good website to get one for a reasonable price before I go to cat. The part I'm needing is the actual grease zerk fitting. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1workshoprat922015-09-20 11:44

    not sure I follow. some of the valves had a replaceable grease zerk fitting in the top and older ones do not. if all you need is the grease zerk that goes in the valve then you can get that at any auto parts store. if you need the complete valve itself then I would try USI Underecarrage Specalist Inc in oklahoma. great prices on most things. call give them serial number and they can look up part number for you if need be. http://www.usiparts.com/ another good one is HE parts http://www.h-eparts.com/

  2. #2Nige2015-09-20 12:31

    Just looking at a sample of 955K 85J prefix the 2 valves (grease zerk & drain) are 2S-5925 & 2S-5926. One lists at $7.80, the other at $9.85. How cheap do you want ....?? To confirm these Part Numbers are the right ones for your machine would require the Serial Number.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-09-20 12:48

    They will be... as I often heard from the customers, "They're all the same". I believe any machine that has both fill and relief valves will take the same replacements. YMMV BTW, the relief valve is more properly called a "release valve" as far as I know it's simply a solid hunk of steel that you loosen to release pressure in the adjuster out through a vent hole. Have never seen one fail. I'm willing to be corrected though, as in all things it has been a while since I saw one.

  4. #4Knhill2015-09-20 13:07

    Thanks for all the quick replies. I found what I need on Amazon. I will try the other companies you guys suggested for any future needs I may have. Thanks again