Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955l 13x bucket tilt hydraulics weak

charles walton ยท 2012-12-03 23:18

I have a 13 x with a new hydraulic pump and fresh cylinder packing it feels right except when you curl the bucket it does not have any break out force.I am very familiar with what it should feel like,this is the second one of these I've owned and the first one would stand on its nose if you hooked it under a stump that didn't break loose,any one know what might be the problem?

Replies2
  1. #1Bob/Ont2012-12-04 17:05

    It might be the tilt circuit line relief valves or head end specifically. Later Bob

  2. #2charles walton2012-12-04 21:46

    13x Thanks Bob,that is what I was thinking too,in the parts book it shows some shims on that valve that were a changed item,I guess they added them later,so I'm gonna take a look and see if maybe they haven't been added to this one and while I'm in there I'll change the springs and seals on both valves and maybe that will help.