Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955L battery install

RWGARLAND · 2024-02-10 13:58

I bought a 955l track loader. Needing some pictures or information on I stalling the two d4 batteries

Replies7
  1. #1IceHole2024-02-10 14:56

    Under the seat. Have fun.

  2. #2Nige2024-02-10 15:13

    Use two people to lift them. They weigh over 100 pounds each.

  3. #3IceHole2024-02-10 20:04

    I had to jump start my 977L, just that wasn't fun. They are way down there barely over the finals. No idea how I'd replace the batteries.... 2 guys aren't fitting well in the cab! Whoever designed that setup... My 941 has a side panel, easy to get to.

  4. #4kshansen2024-02-11 13:02

    Could be worse he could be replacing the batteries in a 988 87A with the two 8D batteries under seat in cab! and there isn't hardly enough room for one person let alone the second person!

  5. #5IceHole2024-02-11 13:39

    One older 988 i ran had enough room in the cab for a coat rack and small table, complete with a reading light. 1980s id guess. Hated running the 988Gs? (~2020 models) we had at another job. Not a fan of joystick steering. Id try to grab the 350 Volvo with steering wheel

  6. #6AllDodge2024-02-11 14:31

    I got the change over K/L and my bats are on the left side beside the seat. Heavy but easy enough to get to Are all full L's under the seat?

  7. #7kshansen2024-02-11 18:29

    Was that a 988B, checked and they came out in 1978. I believe the 988(no letter) came out in 1963 and built until 1977. That was the version I was referring to. And they came with various style cabs over the years. I believe the first ones were the fiberglass cabs the company had a few of them. Those were not too bad as the batteries with outside the cab. It was the latter ones with steel cab where they hid the batteries under the seat. Real fun when you needed to do pressure checks on the transmission! First remove batteries then battery support then cover off transmission without dropping dirt on valve body. Then hope your jumper cables are heavy enough to crank the motor over as the regular battery cables won't reach the batteries that are now on the top of fuel tank outside the cab. RWGARLAND , sorry for getting so off topic!​