Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955l bucket shank bolt torque specs

empty pockets · 2018-02-14 21:49

hi, just wondering if anyone knows the torque specs of the nuts that hold the shanks on the bucket. The bolts are 3/4”. I bought new shanks and teeth and want to install them this weekend. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1Bluox2018-02-14 23:42

    cutting edge Cat hardware 350 ft/lbs . Bob

  2. #2Bls repair2018-02-15 12:26

    I usually use 3/4 drive ,2’ pipe ,3grunts and call it good.

  3. #3DMiller2018-02-16 08:20

    My choice 1" rattle gun until stop moving. Kind of hard on the helper holding the bolt!

  4. #4DB22018-02-16 23:08

    Should be a plow bolt. No helper required

  5. #5DMiller2018-02-17 08:39

    You don't know my Helpers, is always Me, Myself and I all three hanging on that 1". And Yes I am fully aware are plow bolts. Only so many hands to hold the bolt head in with the less than friendly threaded ones while running the gun with my helpers.

  6. #6DB22018-02-17 11:39

    I feel your pain. Perhaps a healthy tack weld would “help”

  7. #7DMiller2018-02-17 18:35

    Ain't that the truth!

  8. #8gwhammy2018-02-27 08:43

    Tight as you can get them and half a turn more. That's probably the same bolt used on a 963. I break them on a regular basis pushing brush. Five foot pipe on a breaker bar in the field, one inch impact at the shop. You can't get them to tight I don't think. I've never broke one tightening them.