Have fluid leaking from this hole. Any ideas on what’s leaking and how to get to it?
It might help if you could indicate where exactly on the machine that hole is located and what sort of fluid is leaking out of it. Oil, coolant, fuel.? A Serial Number would also not go amiss.
Ser. # 21z. Left side of the machine, maybe more or less straight down from Hyd. filter. Looked like water coming out,but was thinking it was hydraulic fluid pushing the water?
I can’t make out any hole in the picture. Maybe a little more information and give us a specific area and location.
Are you sure it isn't dripping from the hose above it and hitting around that hole?
From what i can tell from picture it look like the frame up by the fuel tank my guess is water in the frame
I scraped around the hole. It’s the yellow spot. It is definitely coming out of the hole. I agree with water in the frame but what is pushing it out?
I think I would clean off around top loader frame pins and look for crack
That still wouldn’t explain what is forcing the water out
There are no hyd lines in frame if for some reason hyd oil was getting in frame it would be first out. It’s probably the water seeping through the gussets in the frame
I would postulate that the water is coming out of that hole as a result of Sir Isaac Newton's most famous invention - gravity.
It’s at my farm. Next time I get over there and have a chance, I’ll try to get better information. Thanks for the help so far.
Could there be a vent or plug missing from that hole?
If there's oil coming out of the hole, it will be from the final drive. Most probably from the seals where the brake lines go from chassis to FD. Possibly from the steel lines that go to the brake pack. Have you noticed having to top up transmission oil with no corresponding leak?
That sounds more like my problem. I just replaced a hose and filled trans. Got under machine to make sure my new hose wasn’t leaking and saw fluid coming out of that hole So I can’t answer the question on topping off fluid. How do I get to those lines to check them?
You have to remove the final drive.
That’s what I was afraid of. Doesn’t sound like much fun.