Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

963 occasionally slows travel

tnc110 ยท 2018-01-25 18:30

21z 963. New engine. Machine sat for 3 years wile dead beat mechanic installed new engine. I changed trans filter and oil. Occasionally the travel speed will go down to 50% or so. If I idle down and idle back up it will go back to normal for awhile, then back into slow mode. Tried changing filter again, no change. It is a napa filter. Got a filter from cat, but have not tried yet. Any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1gwhammy2018-01-30 18:28

    My 63 does that when oil is cold. No problem after oil warms up. What brand of oil in the hydro's? Use only good quality oil in them. I use cat filters on the hydro stat systems only.

  2. #2tnc1102018-01-30 22:30

    I ran napa to-4. Then developed a leak. Had cat fix the leak, then they topped off with 10w, not sure what brand. Then it developed another leak. Fixed it, topped off with napa to-4. Went to use loader a week later and it was down 5 gal. Topped off with 10w. Still has a slow leak somewhere. So basically right now it has 2/3 to-4, 1/3 10w (aw32) with a napa filter.

  3. #3Cmark2018-01-31 01:11

    Check your engine speed at high idle. It should be 2320+-50 RPM.

  4. #4gwhammy2018-01-31 07:03

    Only two types of these old loaders, those leaking and those that are going to leak. It's bypassing I think when it slows down.

  5. #5tnc1102018-02-17 19:31

    I think it is rpm issue... If I hold back on throttle it works. Adjusted it, hope its good now