Hi All - New to equipment world. I have a 963C Track Loader with roughly 5000 hours. I have multiple questions, concerns etc regarding the machine such as Hydraulic problems, transmission etc. that I have little to no knowledge about so any advice is welcomed For now, I’m seeking assistance with some Service Codes some of which, I’ve been able to figure out myself. See below; 963C Track Loader Serial Number: CAT 0963CK BBD01313 030 0096.03 Fuel Level Sensor - Voltage Above Normal 030 0248.02 Cat data link not communicating. 030 0324.05 Current Below Normal 036 0544.08. Fan speed abnormal 036 0342.02 The signal from the secondary engine speed/timing sensor is intermittent or lost for less than one second. 036 0342.11 The signal for the secondary engine speed/timing sensor is lost. 079 0168.04 FMI 04 Voltage that is below normal or shorted low UNKNOWN CODES ___________________________________030 0600.08 079 0349.05 079 0650.11 079 0681.05 079 1869.03
G'Day and welcome. Questions: 1. How many of the Codes listed above are Active.? 2. Do you know how to erase non-Active (Logged) Codes.? You may find this thread helpful. As a starting point I would suggest that you read through it, erase all the Logged Codes that you have, then come back with a shortened list of Active Codes. At that point it will be the time to troubleshoot each one in turn. In a way you are luckier than most in that you have a built-in "Click Box" located under the RH arm rest. The famous Cat "Click Box" It is a regular event on HEF for someone to post a question regarding Cat machine electronics, Diagnostic Codes, etc. For a large number of the questions posted the answer(s) revolve around the famous Cat “Click Box”, otherwise known as the 4C-8195 Control Service Tool. This tool usually hooks... HeavyEquipmentForums
Regarding your transmission issues I would suggest to create another thread when the time comes. HEF has a resident Cat hydrostat track loader expert who could assist you but I think the transmission issues would be better kept separate to the diagnostic of the electronic/electrical systems. TBH I would suggest that you get the E&E system sorted first before moving on.