Can some help me with this part? Its a hyrdaulic hose about 2 feet long, has a housing on each end that is bolted with 2 bolts. it is between the engine and fuel tank. The housing has a crack and i would like to know what its called or a part number. Any help would be great. I am horrible at mechanical work but i do attemt it. lol . I am attatching a couple of pics, its the 90 degree metal piece that has a small hole. Update, can't get pics to load.
Putting a pic on here is harder than it seems,,,,,,, Im trying lol The fitting almost looks like a thermastat housing on a 350 chevy. Its a trans hose,
I'd love to help, but, how about a serial number?
I picked this from a 21z????? serial number.
Thats it!!!!!Its the bigger of the two hoses. its c shaped. im looking for the housing(lower one near the LH VALVE writing
Its attached by 2 9\16s bolts. and has o ringsin the fitting
Is that #28? Can't find a component picture on web. #28 3G-0860 tube assy ....... 2N-3350 O-ring (to valve) ....... 4F-7391 O-ring (in hose end) The bolts at the letter "A" on either end are 3/8" bolts (9/16" head size).
To the RIGHT of #28 ?? Is it removable/ unscrew from the hose?? Sorry I cant help w/ nomenclature but I was curious to see if it was made into the hose..
#55 3G-5841 Manifold ..#52 5P-8210 O-ring
I thought he was talkin about 67-68 ???
It is removable, hydraulic fitting.
You guys are awesome! The piece I need is #57, #67 is a spacer.
You are correct about the bolts,3/8s with 9/16 head. Does #57 have a part number? I can't believe you figured this out without a picture. I didn't do a good job of visually describing it.
is #57 The actual bolt itself?
#57 is bolt, #67 spacer. I'm thinking that you're describing the captive flange which is integral to the hose assy. Before you go ordering a hose, not only does your serial number matter, but, so does the transmission serial number. The pics and parts are for a 21Z????? 963 w/ Transmission S/N 4TA1 thru 324
I think you're talking about the flange that retains the hydraulic hose #36. As mentioned above, it's built onto the hose. If it has a "crack" it's probably because someone has cut it off to install onto a new hose, but that won't work. It will have a part number but it's in a system called HIS which I don't have access to. The part number for the hose assembly c/w flanges is 3G6885.
Cmark, I could swear that when looking at #36 hose that there were different lengths (and therefore different part numbers) dependant on the serial number of the transmission. Could he get so lucky as to have the aluminum tag w/part number still on the hose?
Not sure about that. I've only looked briefly, but for a 21Z I can only see 3G6885. That hose is also used extensively on other hystats (943, 953, 963, 973) so I would say, in the absence of a full serial number, that it's a pretty safe bet.
Aaaah! What you've got there my friend is a genuine bodge. Someone has cut the end off the original hose and brazed on a JIC nipple.
The flange on the left side of the pic would not come off the hydraulic hose, the one on the right side came off easily. the flange on the left is ths bottom connection in referrence to pic
OHHH, so the hydraulic hose should come with the flange assembly already attatched?
Now, how can I find the part number for that?
I'm still tying to be sure what we are talking about. Has the S/N ever been posted as I'm am very unsure of what the part number will be without that info. Cat likes to make running changes to things and even if the pictures look close you can still get in trouble. Just cause a model number on hood says one thing and the machine is yellow means nothing. Maybe this will help is the hose the red one or green one in the picture below?
A part number for what? The complete hose is 3G6885 and as I mentioned several posts ago, the flange part number can be found in HIS which I don't have. Or try giving some dimensions, we may be able to track it down from those. Ken, you know me, I will rarely comment without a serial number but in this case, I'm familiar with that particular hose and I'm confident it's the red one we're talking about.
Just to push the point of a s/n a bit stronger I went to SIS to see how many options just for a 963 they show. And note that this does not take into account any very likely variation within any one of those prefixes listed below. I know I may be somewhat a a jerk at times about this but I have been there many times before and have tried to learn from my mistakes as well as those of others!
I understand Cmark, you have much more knowledge of these that I did not mean to step on your toes in anyway. That said I try to take every chance I get to drive home the importance of a S/N and sometimes even that is not enough at least with older machines you can get into the problem of someone making a change after it left the factory. Like someone making one machine out of two or three out in the bush!
Absolutley no offence taken mate. And anyway, I always put my safety boots on before coming on here
I appreciate everyones help. You can tell im a novice. Some old paper work i have on hand says SN 6z1409, the loader is 50 miles away. I can check the cat then. It is the red hose.
Sometimes steel toe hip boots might be a good choice!
What confused me was one end of the hose was removed like a normal hydraulic hose, the other end would not budge and I had to remove the flange held on with the two 3\8s bolts. Put it in a vise and it still would not come off, now i get that its a customI aftermarket 1 of a kind. I will get the SN tomorrow and use the 3G6885 part number. thanks again for everyones time!
If you buy the new one from your Cat dealer, you will find both ends have a captive flange.
6z1409 is the unit serial number, and, that hose is same for all transmission s/n in that tractor. I have to wonder why the hose picture posted doesn't have the adapter shown, too. Clearly, it won't be used with the Caterpillar part numbered hose.
There was the same adapter on each end of the hose that was held on with 2 bolts, one end i left the adapter attached and just removed the hydraulic hose, the other end was stuck and had to remove adapter still attached to hose. As pointed out this was a home made solution by previous owner. I assume the new hose will not have removable adapters and be all one piece.
Thanks everyone for the help, i wanted to have all info I could before going to the Cat dealer, my first trip there all I wanted to know was what specific fluids I needed for trans, hydraulics, etc. The teenager on the computer could not tell me what I needed, said my machine was to old and the fluid it needed was not made any more and told me to just use common hydraulic fluid for all fill points. I came to this site and searched what I needed and found out that trans was different than regular hydraulic fluid.lol.i have been using this machine for 3 years cleared a lot of land. All prior repairs I have done have been pretty simple but this one had me stumped.. Thanks again all!
If you're searching for maintenance/fluids (and a lot of other) information this link to the O&M Manual on CD might be the best $40 you ever spend..... or if you want to splash out go for a paper version at $55....... https://servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=06Z01409
One thing you may need to tell the kid on the parts counter. If he puts in the 6X1409 s/n into his computer it will say no such machine. Put a "0" in front of the and his computer will be happier such as 06X1409
Lol, after the fluid problem 3 years ago I have never been back, but I probably will to order this hose.
Thanks Nige, I ordered the maintenance and owners manual as soon as we bought the machine. It calls for a fluid that is not made anymore,( t-10 I think it was but not completely sure) that's what sent the Cat parts guy into a tail spin ..
If you're talking about TO-2 oil then the modern direct equivalent is TO-4. Even a parts counter germ should know that......... Acksherley Ken it needs to be put in as 06Z01409 if the parts kid doesn't want his computer to go on the fritz.........
Well maybe my `puter is smarter than Cat's as when I put in the 06Z1409 in SIS at home it went right in but do notice that the "missing "0" " does show in the number up on the upper left of the page. But yes SIS and many computer programs can get upset by leaving out a "0" where they expect to find them. On a side note I can recall when the office clerk at the shop got his first computer many moons ago he could not understand for the life of him why his old habit of using the "O" instead of the"0" when typing a number was causing a problem!
That looks like the one on the front of the hydrostat drive pump that goes from near the top to down on near the bottom. If that's it and I'm sure it is they are a pain to get the bolts to line up on that type flange. I got four studs to put in mine when I replaced it. That way you just slip the flange over the studs and put washers and nuts on. Blind and down in that hole it's in you might want to try that.