Hi Everyone. Im having trouble getting a MSO form Cat for a 963B track loader around a 1997 model year . Cat says it should have a 17 digit vin code but it only has 8 digits clearly stamped on the tag 9BL10651 Could this be right ? Thanks for any help
Your machine dates from the time before the 17-digit VIN Number was introduced. Is it a Cat dealer that is telling you this..? They ought to know better. 9BL10651 is correct for a S/N of a 963B built around 1997. A full 17-digit PIN for your machine would look something like .... *CAT0963BX9BL10651*. Tell the dealer to take a look at Service Magazine SEPD0570 dated 19/03/2001. If your machine was built before that it WILL NOT have a 17-digit PIN. Enlighten me a bit - what is an MSO..?
Thanks very much I will pass this on to my freight broker today. A (MSO) Manufactures certificate of Origin is used when a piece of self propelled equipment leaves USA . It can be checked to see if has any liens or been stolen . I have been in a panic because I have paid for this thing but cant get it through the boarder .
Actually it's "statement" of origin, I have never heard of one on a piece of iron.....have bought several new pieces and never seen one.....somebody is jerking your chain, if you want to check on liens you need to check UCC filings but you would have to check all 50 states and actually the owners of said machine if a bank had a note secured by "all machinery and equipment" they don't have to state a serial number filed at all..... No offense but you need to educate yourself a little better before you go making demand to your cat dealer, there is more than just an MSO involved (even if there is such a thing with iron) An MSO is issued to the owner of a brand new vehicle and is basically an application for title, you take the MSO to the DOR and they turn it into a title..... I have yet to put liscense plates on a track loader but maybe y'all do things differently than we do in Missouri lol Pj
Sir. Im sure interstate is fine, but Im sending this loader across the boarder to Canada . Your customs want to make sure it is free and clear. and no we dont need license plates here on a construction iron this is for the US government
Did you not get a bill of sale with the loader ? I am sure it is more to do with your govt and not ours, when I sold all of my komatsu hoes they went to Jordan, turkey, chile etc, and never once had a problem, maybe you need to hire an exporter to do it for you as I did Edit, there's plenty of Canucks on here that'll be along to help u shortly I am sure :drinkup Pj
I would suggest talking to an export agent, or better yet, an equipment dealer or broker experienced with exporting machines. The ones who do this regularly get their act together before a machine reaches the border.
9 Hi .Thanks ! I did that this afternoon should make things a lot easier
Actually i got one with my 1988 D6H when i bought it new.
It is a MCO manufacturers certicicate of origin.They started issuing them Oct.1,1987.Dozer was bought by me (new)from then Gibbs-Cook Equipment Co (now Ziegler Cat Inc). I still own it and it still has the Gibbs-Cook eblem on the side of the hood. D6HPS serial number 3ZF00878 if want to check it out!!!! Also have the invoice price $178,225.00 in 1988.
Cool that's interesting, Looks like I need to call foley eq and request some then I have never even had an offer of one being given to me lol
Wow that makes my $25000 look like small coin !!!
A 963 would be classed under "Lawns & Gardens". Pretty much for each machine in the fleet where I work you could put two more zeros on that price ........... we have approx. 60 machines ...........
963 b My (ex) took care of all of my stuff a few years ago. So this is a big step up!!
Now Nige, bragging is unseemly. :drinkup
T'was ever thus ......... anything of the smaller variety was always referred to as "Lawns & Gardens" equipment, there were even different factory service reps (to the mining equipment service reps) who had that job title. As a former work colleague once explained - "If you can't walk undeneath it it's not worth working on" ....
I have a copy of the MSO today it is a manufactures Statement of Origin. It states the year made, where it was built, and was made at a Cat factory . it is signed be a Cat rep, and a Notary of the state of Illinois . It also refers to Federal Law 19 CFR part 492 for export
I will admit that I was wrong about MSO's I didnt know they existed on machines but I learn new stuff everyday, but I fail to see how this would gurantee no liens or encumbrances ESPECIALLY since it was issued to someone that was not the original buyer could someone please explain this to me ? I have bought machines from repo companies, insurance companies, dealers, ritchie brothers (and other auction houses), banks, and everything in between and have only ever gotten a bill of sale, most of the time I don't even care about a BOS I just use my canceled check A couple of years ago I sold several pieces to RB and several months later I got a call from the state trooper detective wanting to know how I acquired a stolen machine, well it turns out the 426D was sold to a guy that bought it from a guy that got foreclosed and repo'd and when the repo company went to retrieve the machine the new owner turned it in as stolen, well both of them got in huge trouble..... One for selling merchandise he didn't own and one for receiving stolen merchandise..... The funny part about it is that RB took 2 weeks giving me a sales agreement and getting my money to me because they had to do stolen search on all the items, while at the RB sale OVER a year later it rolled across the auction platform and brought about 50% of what they gave me for it..... I wasn't worried, I think RB can afford to take a loss once in a while Pj Pj