Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

963B 9BL serial

jeff5080 ยท 2024-02-02 17:45

I had a track leaking off so i removed the barrel and piston and found the barrel had rust pits and chrome gone in it so i put a new one in it. The piston looks good other than a little rust behind the seal toward the idler so I replaced the seals on the outer barrel and new seal on the piston.Now whats happening, when i pump the track out it will stay intill i move the machine back and forth its leaking off a slow rate. Ive got the seal on the piston the right way. Anybody got any ideals.

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2024-02-02 17:51

    Grease gotta go somewhere. Either around the rod seal, or the grease valve.

  2. #2Dave Neubert2024-02-02 19:47

    could be the oring in item 14 just in front of the valve

  3. #3jeff50802024-02-03 16:27

    I checked the grease valve and looks like no grease leaking there. Its got a new rod seal the only thing i can think of is the seal rolled when i put it in the barrel i sprayed the barrel with wd40 I replaced it new also.