Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

966 C Brake canister leak

jimmyjac 1967 · 2021-09-02 12:34

I blew a can on the rear. Can I plug both lines and still operate until the new one arrives? Thanks, James

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632021-09-02 13:59

    Was it offended? Yeah, you just have half the brakes

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-09-02 14:59
  3. #3Bluox2021-09-02 16:03

    Yes but have to back off the slack adjuster. Bob

  4. #4kshansen2021-09-02 19:58

    Was it the brake diaphragm that blew or the parking brake piston seal that blew? If the first then jus cap off the line to the chamber. If the parking brake you would have to back off the slack adjuster and if it was me I'd also cap off the line going to the service brake side.

  5. #5grandpa2021-09-02 20:46

    Vetech63.... your a sick bas***, but I must be sick as well as I got a chuckle out of it.