Hi new hear. Had a few very cold days hear and fuel lines got frozen. Warmed up the the loader and it ran for 30 mins then pressure slowly fell, then Stalled ,restarted it drove it into the the shop and left it over nite, Bled the fuel lines if fired up but fuel pressure is still low kind of need to use the gas pedal to operate to keep it from stalling any ideas any tips?? Thanks , it will idle but low low rpms
Can you get the fuel pressure pumped up to normal with the hand primer?
Sounds like a classic case of gelled fuel in the filters. Put a new set on and see what it does. If that fixes it you will need to treat the fuel or it will do it again.
No pumping does nothing, and no I have not changed the filter yet , but sounds rite?? Keep them coming please
Sounds like a supply problem, clean the screen in the sediment bowl and make sure there is a good flow of fuel to the priming pump. Later Bob
Will have to agree with Dad5,,, if you can't get it to pump up with the primer your not getting fuel through the filter house. Make sure to open the drain valve while your pumping the primer to get the air out of the system.... Its a either a round knob on top of the filter housing or a brass tee handle fitting on the side . Put on the new filter, open the valve and pump until the fuel flow's nicely out of the drain tube, shut off valve, then start it up.... doesn't hurt to have someone pumping the primer while your starting.
Thanks I will do that thanks for all your help !!
I would change fuel filters and check the fuel flow from the tank as well. I have had a coulpe of machines that the fuel line gets plugged up with trash right at the tank outlet and won't let the fuel flow through them.
Thanks I will check that , but it only happend after we had a few days of -28 deg Celsius pluss the wind so it was friggen cold.
Might be ice crystals from condensation. Later Bob
If it has been in a heated shop for a couple days be sure to drain any moisture from the bottom of fuel tank. There should be a block on the bottom of the tank with a bolt coming out the side 3/4 inch or 19mm wrench to open it, do not have to remove all the way. There is a maybe 1/8 inch hole up from the bottom might need cleaning out. Also make sure fuel cap breather is clean, some have foam sponges others actual valves.
Great . Monday morning I will pick up supply's , do I need a cat fuel filter or can I use a jobber like Baldwin and if anyone has a part number if it is a 970 for the Baldwin just let me know that's great thanks very much guys
Got the info
IF installing a new filter and cleaning the suction screen and if you can get it inside the take an air hose and blow back from the screen to the tank to eleminate any sedimet in the low places in the line. Still have a problem then you might have to pull the pressure relief valve in the transfer pump and on some models they had one on the top of the fuel filter housing.
no one mentioned 911 fuel treatment for quick fix,almost always works when everything freezes like that.Just saying.
Well it runs much better with a new filter, I guess my next step is cleaning the fuel transfer pump I take it? I guess it's near the pressure Relief valve on top of the fuel filter I'm not sure?
Manually pumping still doesn't bring the pressure up. So guess its still a problem before the filter , line is clear
guess I need to check the Pressure release valve, in the transfer pump, because pumping still down not raise pressure , ?? Will I need Anthing after taking it apart ,, gaskets etc
I may be off in left field here but the first thing I would be doing is to hook up a known good gauge with an upper range of about double the expected "normal" pressure. Don't condem a pump and then find out the real problem was a bad gauge! Fuel pressure at full load should be either 25-32 psi or 30+/-5 psi depending on what book I check so a 60 psi gauge would be good.
Yes Agreed but manually priming I can't build up pressure even at the pump from priming, It never gets like really stiff like on something that has good flow it's it never gets really hard very easy to pump all the time
check the fuel pressure regulator it might be stuck and those primer pumps go bad all the time too.
Great thanks I will
You could take the fuel line off at the lift pump and pressurize the fuel tank and see if you any fuel coming that far.
Well guess it's fine, still have full power , guess faulty gauge or ice in the gauge line. Thanks for all your help you guys ROCK
Turned out a gasket on top of the filter housing near the purge valve was split , running 100%