Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

966F II issue?

S120483 ยท 2019-09-28 17:30

So we have a CAT 966f II that we dont use a lot. Backup basically. Doesn't get a lot of attention. I was running it today and thought the cycle time on the loader seemed unusually slow. So I was noticing that I cant raise and curl at the same time, raise and dump at the same time, etc. Do these model loaders not allow you to run two functions at once like the newer loaders? I haven't ran it in forever but I swear you could multifunction. Or is there a specific issue we need to have repaired? When I pull both levers there is no bog down at all. The bucket curl/dump function takes priority if both levers are being pulled. Like if I am lifting and try to curl the bucket at the same time the loader arms completely stop and the bucket will start to curl. Then when I let off the bucket lever the loader arms resume. Hope some of you can help. Thank you.

Replies3
  1. #1Bls repair2019-09-28 20:44

    I would check pressure and flow rates. Check to see if controls are fully functioning

  2. #2WhyWhyZed2019-10-02 15:08

    it's a series flow valve, tilt should have priority over lift if both levers activated fully

  3. #3mody20092020-02-29 01:33

    Hello , I am interested to Cat loaders if you would like to sell this Cat 966F or if you get any others that you like to sell . please let me know