Hi everyone I'm working on a 973C loader and the speeds are not the same on tracks. The machine got the drive pumps rebuilt I put them in and they not even when going straight pulls left when going forward and rite in reverse. Also if I put it in park and then try to move again I get notting and then it will just start moving again if I keep moving lever. When this happens I also loose the bucket functions. Checked all harness connections and cleaned where needed still the same. Maybe needs calibration.
How was it running before you took it apart? You might be able to set up the travel with the clicker switches under the RH arm rest. I would flash the ECM if you have access to ET. Later Bob
Hi everyone I'm working on a 973C loader and the speeds are not the same on tracks. The machine got the drive pumps rebuilt I put them in and they not even when going straight pulls left when going forward and rite in reverse. Also if I put it in park and then try to move again I get notting and then it will just start moving again if I keep moving lever. When this happens I also loose the bucket functions. Checked all harness connections and cleaned where needed still the same. Maybe needs calibration.
Thank you Bob for your reply. The owner of the machine bought it not moving and someone else said the pumps were bad. I installed the pumps and there was some harness damage that I repaired and I also replaced two temp sensors for hydraulics and and a bad fuel sender. Now I don't have any more lites flashing on the dash but I have this problem with tracking and bucket functions. I see that someone had been trying to fix this problem looks like the potentiometer for forward and reverse was changed also the wiring to foot pedal switches are all back probed. The voltages to those switches look good. How do I set speed with switches under arm rest
Welcome to the Forums pasinead1991. I merged the two threads you started into one as it's the same question. In the future please don't start double threads about the same topic. Thanks.
Sorry Sorry not sure how that happened I was responding to Bob who is helping me how the first post got posted again I'm not sure sorry for the confusion
No worries, it's fixed.
Sorry Bob I'm not sure what I did wrong when I responded to you question. The owner bought the machine not moving and someone else told him the pumps were no good so he had them rebuilt at a cost of $5000 each. Now it's moving but not evenly when going straight in forward or reverse. Also I found some damaged wiring that I repaired and replaced 2 temp sensors and a fuel sending unit that was causing lights to stay on flashing in the dash. Now lights are not flashing but I'm still intermittently loosing track motion as well as bucket functions. Also I don't have good reedings at throttle switch when at low idle at high idle is ok.
I think the most efficient way to start in your situation is to get someone with ET to check things out and calibrate the controls. I have experienced intermittent stopping(brakes on) a couple of times caused by a small harness mounted by the solinoides . Once things are calibrated there are three switches under a plate in the compartment under the RH arm rest. You need instructions on accessing the modes and how to adjust the travel straight. I forget. Make sure you have lots of room to run it in speed six. Later Bob
Hi Bob thanks for your reply I pulled up the codes they were mostly related to the repairs that I made to the harness and sensors I replaced. I cleared all codes ran machine and now only codes I'm getting is to calibrate pedals and shift lever. So if any one knows how to calibrate travel with the switches that would be great.will have ET tomorrow also.
Sounds like you have it now. Need ET to calibrate controls I think. Get them right and when codes go away set it to travel straight. Next time you get parts ask dealer for small plastic covered card that explains how to use the three switches. Later Bob