Can someone please help and tell me weather this is a 977k or L and what year Serial number is 11K4352.
Looks to be a K
Caterpillar replaced 977K with the 977L in 1971, but retained the 977K serial number prefixes. The 977L features increased horsepower to 190 FWHP, beginning with 70J01303, 48J00586, and 11K03919. 11K4352 is an early 977L but with the same D333 engine as fitted to the 977K up to 11K3918. The 3306 engine did not come until after 11K5083.
I really appreciate that information Niga. So with all that being said. It is so bad that it would be a D333 and not a 3306. If it is still 190 hp as is the 3306. I have found this machine which was bought by original owner and has 1136 original hours on it all Verified and documented. Looking to replace a 955k for farm work.
I think you could get thousands of trouble free hours out of it. Biggest thing I'd worry about is if a bunch of seals and stuff have dried up and now leak. 1136 hours, it's almost like a museum piece.
Personally I would suggest that you post some photos of the machine and let people comment. For a machine of that age condition is everything.
Yes pics. would let everyone see the condition of this machine. It's hard to believe a machine around 50 years old could only have 1136 hours. The paint might be faded but there shouldn't be much worn off.