I feel so good about fixing my 953 I thought I would try the old 977L, can someone explain to me the proper way to adjust the brakes ? turning left (left pedal) smooth and even turn, right turn not so. when you push the pedal it completely stops or disengages the track, there is no in between just on or off.
On my 977H the right side would disengage but not hold the brake unless the machine stopped moving, then it would hold. This was just a simple brake adjustment. I'm wondering if yours may be set up too tight. I'd try backing it off a bit and see what happens. Hope this helps.
for a quick adjustment you can remove cover,tighten brake all the way and back off 9 clicks. would have to go to book for all the linkage adjustments,
thanks, member nige sent me some good info but i haven't got around to it yet
Here are some fotos of my 955 which, i think, is similar machine to 977. You have to remove the covers and tighten the brake in order to have the same breaking attempt for each pedal. I hope that helped!