Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

98 40e JLG BOOM MOVE BACK AND FWD AND STOP

Remex ยท 2014-09-04 00:34

I have a 40e JLG boom lift, the problem that I have is moves but stop just couple of feet's back and forward and stop, already change the tachometer wasn't work before tested and no DC reading, the new one does but the machine keep doing the same, change the tachometer interface and nothing happened, the fuses are ok.

Replies6
  1. #1VoodooMojo2014-09-07 15:46

    Place a voltmeter across the B+ and B- posts of the DC Motor Controller. Monitor the voltage before, during and after the machine moves the couple of feet's. Let us know what you find.

  2. #2Remex2014-09-09 00:21

    The voltage on B+ shows 48 volts when the footswitch is press and 48 volts when the joystick is activated forward. The voltage on S shows 32.6 volts when the footswitch is press and 48 volts when the joystick is activated forward. The voltage on A shows 32.6 volts when the footswitch is press and goes from48 to 0 when the joystick is activated forward. Also I raise the boom lift to test and the left hand wheel/motor doesn't move just the right hand wheel/motor and thanks for ask.

  3. #3Remex2014-09-13 00:11

    Keep working on this issue, rise the boom lift and I switch both motors, and found the left motor doesn't work going to replace next week and keep posting what I'm doing to solve the problem. the DC controller has flash code 10.

  4. #4Remex2014-09-21 22:47

    Already replace motor, now both work fine and the problem remain, also use a sevcontrol calibrator and this is what I have. I.MAX 230 AMP PLIG 2.4 AMP ACCEL. 0.6 SEC CREEP 0 %VB BYPASS 70 AMP SPEED 15 % MAX. SPEED1 25 % SPEED2 1.5 % F.WEAK 10 AMP BATT 49.5 V MOTOR 0.0 V GOES FROM 24 TO 44 MOTOR 0 AMP GOES FROM 30 TO 35 TEMP 37 C TEST 0 100 Any body knows if this parameter are ok ?

  5. #5Hardline2014-09-22 22:46

    Do you have a Jlg hand held analyzer? What codes is that telling you?

  6. #6Remex2014-09-23 16:53

    I have the calibrator sevcontrol the jlg analyzer doesn't fit on the servo control try to attach pictures of the calibrator and control. and the results are the numbers show before. I.MAX AMP 230 PLUG AMP 2.4 ACCEL. SEC 0.6 CREEP %VB 0 BYPASS AMP 70 SPEED %MAX 15 SPEED1 % 25 SPEED2 % 1.5 F.WEAK AMP 10 BATT V 49.5 MOTOR V 0.0 TO 24 TO 44 MOTOR AMP 0 TO 30 TO 35 TEMP C 37 TEST 0 100