Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

98 580 sl

Mike Colclasure ยท 2015-06-23 23:43

I have about 4200 hrs on my machine ive had it 10 years, it seams to have less forward and reverse power, very noticeable change over the last year, ive also bean having trouble with it having a lag before engaging into gear after running it for a while. it went completely out about a year ago and we replaced the forward and reverse solanoids on top of the tranny I believe it was, and one other issue is the ebrake doesn't work very strong any more, I would appreciate any feed back or help I can get in diagnosing these issues Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1ckinser12015-06-26 11:21

    Are you using case fluids? When did you last change your transmission fluid? Is your ebrake a lever type?

  2. #2bob_002015-06-27 21:10

    Sound like shuttle clutch or a pressure probleme in the shuttle part of the transition go get the Shop manuel do transition pressure test troubleshooting. And 4200 hour on a 98 i am pretty sure the meter have at leas one turn done befor you buy it. Dont worrie my 580 k have something like 31080 but the meter only say 1080h