Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

98 New Holland 555e no power to fuel shut off or electric lift pump

Austin Vaughn · 2022-08-07 18:07

I have 98 New Holland 555e backhoe and I am not getting power to fuel shut off solenoid or electric lift pump. I check the fuse and the fuse is good. Is there a way to get power to those to make the backhoe start and run??

Replies8
  1. #1cosmaar12022-08-07 19:15

    Sounds to me you have a bad wire somewhere between the fuse and solenoid.

  2. #2Austin Vaughn2022-08-07 20:58

    Thanks. is there a way to put power to the fuel shut off solenoid and electric lift pump for them to work for it to be able to start and run? like bypass or something?

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-08-07 21:03

    Welcome to HEF, Austin ! Could be the wires. But, if two circuits are not supplying voltage I would suspect a break in the wires. Or a loose or corroded plug in the wire harness or a faulty ignition switch. You can get the engine started by connecting a 12 volt supply to the ip solenoid. You should hear it click when it is powered up. Connect a new wire from the start post on the ignition switch to the starting motor solenoid. If no current flows to the solenoid when the ignition switch is in the start position than the switch is likely defective. If it is you can use an old screwdriver to short across the terminals on the starter.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2022-08-07 21:15

    As stated, run 2 separate “hot wires” off the battery + side.. Good luck

  5. #5NH575E2022-08-07 23:50

    Best to find the open and repair it. Is this a Power Shuttle or Power Shift? Cab or open ROPS? If power shuttle make sure you have the forward/reverse lever in neutral.

  6. #6Austin Vaughn2022-08-08 00:04

    power shift, open ROPS

  7. #7Swetz2022-08-08 08:29

    I have attached a diagram that may be helpful.

  8. #8NH575E2022-08-08 14:11

    I was going to try and do this for him but I changed computers and haven't found a reasonable copy of acrobat for win 10 yet. My PDF files are loading in Firefox and taking forever to load and navigate. My lift pump wires were broken on mine but it ran without it. I found it by just tugging on the wire until I found the break.