Usually work on cummins and do not have CATet, Cat mechanic can not come for 2 days, any help appreciated. Full code is E1364(2) AFT 1 Reagent concentrate. I have changed all DEF filters, emptied anf cleaned the def tank and put in fresh def. The pump is working, I took the line off and saw def fluid squirt out. What else should I be looking at?
Machine S/No.? Seven models to choose from. There is updated engine software to address this issue which is why a S/N is important. Troubleshooting procedure attached. I'm not sure how much you'll actually be able to do without access to ET.
Thanks nige CAT0988KLTWX00409
This is applicable then, and designed to address exactly the E1364 Event that you have among others. Judging by the way the three sets of 988K Serial Number prefixes are listed in the document I would say that the 566-3160/566-3161 software would be the right ones for a TWX-prefix 988K, although I would stand to be corrected on that. I dunno, but if your machine hasn't had the software upgrade already I would be tempted to do that first and see if it fixes the problem. YMMV. It shows how fast software upgrades move..... IF in fact these are actually the correct ones for your S/N. 566-3160 engine software upgrades to 579-3154 then finally to 607-4951. 566-3161 emissions module software upgrades to 579-3156.
I’d pull the DEF injector back and see if the nozzle is crusted over. I’ve seen more than a few of these that drool def after the solenoid is shut off instead of shutting clean off. Software is definitely important to keep up to date also.