Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

’99 Komatsu PC 220-6

Swamp rat ยท 2012-07-07 20:53

Was looking for information on converting over controls on this excavator without changing lines. i was told different stories 1) cannt be done without swapping lines 2) told by another that it can be swapped from the control panel in the cab. If anyone knows how to do it from the panel - directions would be very appreciated. thanks

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2012-07-07 23:22

    I all depends on if you have a hand pattern control changer. Gray market machines usually them mounted behind the cab and look like a big tube with hoses coming out of the sides and a hand lever at the top. Follow your pilot lines to the back of the cab and you will either see the mentioned changer or a square manifold block. I you only have the manifold block you will have to swap pilot lines around. I have a drawing of the pilot locations on the manifold. I'll try to convert my photo of the manifold itself later. Good Luck!

  2. #2John C.2012-07-07 23:46

    I'll try this again. I can't get the pdf file to upload yet. Anyway the jpg file should help.