Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

992dl pump info

typ4 ยท 2010-12-01 23:34

so, have this machine with 2 rebuilt pumps, good pressure not enough flow to make proper track speed. No manual, some info from dealer. Does anyone have a cheat to fully stroke the pumps to at least make sure they will output the required gpm. thanks Russ Coyote exc. Or the logons so I can get on the deere tech info site.

Replies11
  1. #1motrack2010-12-02 00:25

    Sounds like you pumps are not stroking correctly. Can be a sensor or wire harness issue...... maybe a ECM problem. You need to plug the laptop in....... this will tell you where you need be looking. The Deere softwear will also let you see how the pumps are acting. If your pumps are stroking correctly there are other issues. How are your boom and stick function speeds? Time your functions at full engine RPM and compair to Deere specs which are in the service manual. If function speed is ok than look else where for trouble. Are both tracks slow? Is the area around the travel pedels clean? Did you get the shear jaw replaced? I havent heard anymore from you on the other site. Rob

  2. #2typ42010-12-02 00:39

    Way to old to have an ecm. The jaw is ordered and my buddy always checks for jammed pedals, everything is slow.

  3. #3motrack2010-12-02 01:12

    When I say ECM I mean electronic control unit not engine control unit. Its located in the right side cab consol and controls the pumps...... it has a plug in the harness for access with a laptop.

  4. #4typ42010-12-02 01:16

    I willlook there, I know we are not getting full stroke, just dont know if it is the pumps , this was an auction machine and first thing we had to do was the pumps, so the slow functions are the same as it hit the ground with. I cant find info on mechanically full stroking the pumps.

  5. #5motrack2010-12-02 01:33

    The pumps cant be full stroked mechanicaly. If you know the pumps are sound then its a electrical issue...... harness, sensor, oe ECM. You say it came to you like this......... its possiable someone welded on this unit and cooked the ECM.

  6. #6typ42010-12-02 01:38

    Even with the adjustment screws they cant be fooled? they are A7V uchida , rexroth.

  7. #7typ42010-12-02 01:40

    oh we do get some speed chaange with the rabbit turtle switch. even in fast it is slower than the slow times.

  8. #8KenAl2010-12-02 19:16

    You say Rexroth pumps. 2 separate pumps and a manual throttle? 992LC. As opposed to Kawasaki pumps stacked one behind the other and push button throttle.That would be a 992ELC. There is a way to pull off the pump stroking lines to put it in max volume. I would have to revert back to a manual that I don't have handy at this time. It is one of the pilot lines. But I would suspect you have other issues. Right now I would check the pilot pressure to see if you are getting enough and make sure you have the correct rpm.

  9. #9typ42010-12-02 22:50

    Yes KenAl, d model Pilot pressure is good. 700psi. Any input would be awesome and Iiwill post when we find the cure.

  10. #10motrack2010-12-03 08:46

    pilot PSI is 654 + or - 70psi so your in the ballpark. Was this the same machine that had a hyd cylinder damaged a while back?

  11. #11typ42010-12-03 09:27

    No, that was the hitachi 400, or 490 deere or 790 deere, we have had a lot of cylinder repairs on this job.