Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

9L and 8R working a scraper cut.

JSD ยท 2010-04-04 21:48

Couple pics of a little job we're working on

Replies6
  1. #1AmerIndependent2010-04-05 02:27

    Those pics look vintage. Good to see things moving in California Where are they?

  2. #2BigfootBushy2010-04-05 04:05

    Nice pics. What does the wing blade get used for on the D8? Never seen one on a dozer before.

  3. #3turbo87812010-04-05 21:52

    Its called a "slope board" for sloping cut banks

  4. #4JSD2010-04-05 21:54

    It's called a slope board. Usually mounted on a D8 or smaller tractor. Here is a pic of a slope we started with it today.

  5. #5muzy2010-04-05 22:14

    Oh, is that slope supposed to have all them steps and highs and lows. I used to just cut them flat and smooth. But I only had a dozer blade. To fancy for the cats I used to hang with. muzy

  6. #6BigfootBushy2010-04-06 06:03

    Thanks fellas. Learn something new every day. Nice job there JSD.