Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A/C problems on 1999 4700

CM1995 ยท 2011-06-25 08:46

I need some help on my 4700. The A/C isn't cooling, the clutch on the compressor isn't kicking in when the A/C button is pressed in and the blue light isn't illuminated on the in-dash button. So first things first, I looked in the fuse box (thinking it may be as simple as a fuse) located down and to the left of the steering column - no A/C fuses. There must be another fuse box on the truck but I haven't been able to locate it. To be honest I didn't spend a lot of time under the hood looking for it either, hoping someone knows the exact location. Any help appreciated, the truck has a 190hp 466 with a 5sp....it's hard to even get 2-60 A/C..:tong

Replies3
  1. #1miro2011-08-10 14:44

    That truck will have an electronic controlled on it. If you have low freon or several other things it will not turn on

  2. #2Macneil2011-08-10 17:47

    I cant remember the dash on a 99 but there might be a fuse panel on the passenger side IN the dash..

  3. #3CM19952011-08-10 19:07

    Thanks Miro, it was low on freon. Charged the system and it cools fairly well now. I'll take a look. The 4300's have one on the passenger side in the dash behind the plastic panel.