Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A/C recycling machine in a service truck

Wes J ยท 2018-04-22 22:08

Thinking of pulling the trigger on an AC recovery/recycling machine for use in the shop and mobile. Is there any issue hauling one around? Do you have to remove the recovery tank? Any issues with the scale calibration? I'll probably go with a Robinair as that's all I have experience with. I'll get some PAG oil and dye. What else do I need?

Replies2
  1. #1tool_king2018-04-22 22:35

    Hauling the shop style a/c machine in the truck will mess it up .You can get a recovery machine to remove freon .And recharge with tank and scale. We had one at a company I use to work at .Was really nice unit.

  2. #2Ruger_5562018-04-22 22:39

    I carry one in a box truck, no worse for it than rolling around the shop. Just check the calibration every now and then. Don't put it in the back of an open service truck and expect it to be fine though.