Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A day in the woods video series

John C. · 2019-05-25 15:02

I ran across this series of videos this morning. It probably is one of the best programs showing and explaining the basic operations of a crew in the woods a few years back in northwestern Washington State. I recommend it to all that have worked in the woods in the past and those that have never been and are curious as to what it is all about. This is the first program and there are eight more that daisy chained when I watched them. It starts in the pickup on the ride up and finishes in the pickup on the ride home at night. Enjoy!

Replies3
  1. #1Labparamour2019-05-25 15:22

    Where’s all the drama like Ax Men? I agree- there’s something about the smell of the woods, fresh earth and heavy equipment! I’ll watch the remaining clips tonight. Thanks for sharing. Darryl

  2. #2Hallback2019-05-27 07:28

    That is an excellent documentary. It was done in 90/91 IIRC. Just good, clean logging.

  3. #3Hallback2019-07-06 20:53

    I was wrong, these were done in 2000/2001. The other videos I were thinking of were the Forks guys from 90/91.