I have used the Heavy Equipment Forum quite a bit in the past for research and I really appriciate this forum. I figured I would try to give something back. There still doesn't seem to be a ton of info out there on the Cat 299D. I figured it might help some people if I shared videos of the machine my brother bought about six months ago. Cat 299D XHP Walk Around Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ5YNDlQaI4 2012 Cat 299D XHP 2-Speed - Interesting Running Views - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GDwKoi54Fk Cat 299D Loading, Dodge Ram 5500 & Big Tex 25GN Hauling, Cat 420E Unloading - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rptUsX5X1RQ
A quick one showing the 299D's lights at night. Cat 299D XHP In The Dark - Unloading Concrete Retaining Wall Blocks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRuvT6rEU6A
Cool videos, thanks for sharing. Why no forks for the 420F? It's an IT and forks would make unloading much easier. I have a 420D IT and the forks get used often.
Thanks! You're right that forks for the 420 would nice. They've kind of always been in the plan but always get put on the back burner for some reason... It's good to hear that you use yours alot. We'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks again.
What kind of work do you guys do? Search the online auctions, forks for IT machines come up for sale from time to time at a reasonable price.
Good idea. Thanks. I'll check that out. All sorts of general stuff: construction/basement excavation, land clearing, road building, boulder retaining walls, water/electric lines, septic systems, etc. It's actually my brothers business. I shoot the videos for fun and because I just enjoy the equipment.
A few more new ones for you guys: Cat 299D XHP Grading and Rolling with a Cat CV16B Vibratory Drum Compactor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFzFPEcJb5k Caterpillar 299D with a Quick Attach High Flow Trencher - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw9VCLpwhD0 Cat 299D XHP Unloading the Framing for a 80x100 Metal Building - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sto7JPoHOfg
Here's another quick one of the 299D in the snow: Skid Steer Drifting! - Cat 299D XHP on Snow Covered Concrete - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv8GChJPgw
How's the 299 treating ya'll?
Still going strong! Its a pleasure to run and hasn't had any major problems.
We shot some more Cat 299D XHP videos. Thought you guys might be interested. Cat 299D XHP Loading and a 1985 GMC 2-Ton Dumping - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmhJyGH1EI4 Caterpillar 299D XHP with a Trailer Hitch Attachment - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T3YZ4SsMfk Cat 299D XHP Digging Holes with a Cat A19B Auger - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIqWH5x4XQg Cat 299D XHP Running a Brushmonster Rotary Cutter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWyoq2n5QfE