Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A few TC12 pics.

Shaunrh · 2009-03-01 20:43

A few pics taken at the Dardanup Heritage field day here in Western Australia..

Replies14
  1. #1surfer-joe2009-03-01 20:58

    I love the corner bits welded to the top corners of the blade. That would be a sweet sounding old beast too.

  2. #2Shaunrh2009-03-01 21:23

    It was an awesome sound.Just wish I had a movie camera.

  3. #3millertime7782009-03-01 22:39

    Im Pretty sure there is a video of it somewhere on Youtube. I will post the link if i come upon it.

  4. #4Clayton M2009-03-02 08:25

    You probably don't have a single thing on that machine that breaks. The older the dozers are, the better it seems they were built.

  5. #5DPete2009-03-02 09:44

    I'm suprised my friend Deas Plant isn't sitting in the seat

  6. #6Shaunrh2009-03-03 04:05

    He possibly did not know about the show.

  7. #7Cat-Peter2009-03-03 12:37

    Mmmmmm I WANT ONE..........NOW!! Sadly noone where sold here in Sweden! I know abot an Terex 82-20 that I hopefully can buy cheap! Peter

  8. #8Hjolli2009-03-04 18:22

    I wonder why these machines still had cable lifting on the blade when they at the same time had modern hydraulics (tilt cylinder and ripper)

  9. #9catc152009-03-05 00:15

    Yeah I've been wondering the same thing, why did they use the cable lift blade in conjunction with hydraulics? I have heard from several old timers that it was easier to keep grade with cable lift blades as opposed to hydraulic lift blades. Maybe they kept the cable lift blade for ease of service? I don't really know maybe someone else could shed some light on that subject.

  10. #10bobsmith2009-03-05 09:18

    Mean Green Machine You have to admit! Thats one mean looking Machine! Sharp Sharp Sharp! Thanks for sharing. Bob

  11. #11JDOFMEMI2009-03-05 15:15

    The early hydraulic systems were high volume, low pressure, and they did not do a good job of holding. They would tend to drift down, and cause trouble when grading. The tilt and ripper functions are not hurt by a little drift, but the blade would steady drop, making it hard to grade with. Cable would hold the blade steady without dropping untill you let it, so it was better for the lift. Newer hydraulics are much better, and will stay where you put them.

  12. #12Hjolli2009-03-05 16:50

    Thanks for that info. But still I have been operating an old D7 3T with hydraulics, I can´t remember having trouble with drift on that one. Maybe Cats were better in that area?

  13. #1395zIV2009-03-05 19:04

    These machines have been discussed before: Here's a link with some more info on here

  14. #14libertybell72009-03-05 19:11

    Here is a link to hear one run... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmM3xOql6_k&feature=related