Repairing a busted trans mount on a JCB 530-70 Loadall. The crossmember that bolts on to the trans is only mounted to one side of the chassis with one bolt, which in my opinion is asking a lot of that bit of cast.
This is a quick hitch that I built for a guy, I got tired of fixing his old one that kept breaking the towing pin among other things which was quite dangerous! That's why I came up with the ram and sliding top tongue (the old one only had a stupid little latch to stop the towing eye from slipping off) to support the top of the towing pin
Dirty old Halla HE130 digger exhaust, seen better days
This is a diesel water heater that I put a new fire box and flue in because being stainless the old one had had enough of heating up and down and was crazy cracked as. Welding the flue back into the fire box was painstaking!
Another spent zorst, this time off a EL300B Cat.
Added these trainer wheels to this front mower to stop it from catching the ground and getting run over when going through a dip in a paddock, they work really well. Came up with this idea on our old mower after finding out the hard way it didn't like dips
This is a jewelry cabinet that I made for my girlfriend, it's made from Matai wood that we milled on the farm with a portable sawmill. Turned out ok for my first crack at cabinet making.
Nice mufflers did you make them from scratch and if so what type of metal did you use and what style of baffles did you put in them, I've got several that look about the same and need attention as well.
That three point hitch is awesome, love the sliding latch for the pintle pin.
Nice work ...The Jewelry Cabinet probably scored the most points if ya know what I mean ...
Yip you have some great skills there, bet she was happy with the cabnet!
Hi Randy88, yes I did make them from scratch, not sure what grade of stainless they are as I acquired it from various auctions and the local dairy factory's scrap pile for next to nothing. I usually cut open the old exhaust and try to copy that, to make the perforated sections of pipe inside the exhaust I just turn the welder up and melt heaps of holes in it, bit rough I know but nobody can see it when it's all done!
Excellent work. I assumed you had bought the mufflers. :notworthy
Thanks guys for the comments, Note on the doors of the cabinet the perforated stainless, they were part of an old round strainer thing that I cleaned up and straitened out, scrubbed up well
Well I have bought a couple in the past if I didn't have time to make them but they are mild steel and are already looking shabby which is annoying as they aren't cheap! At least with the stainless ones I've made there should be no more rusted out exhaust melting stuff in the engine bay!
Way to go, making it better than OEM!
Frost damage Trying to fix the badly cracked block on our old Case/Davis trencher, turned it on it's side to make it easier to weld.
HSV127, great pictures. I envy your talent. I'm interested in this cracked block. Can you give some more details on how you go about prepping and welding? Are you planning to drill out the ends of the crack? opcorn
Man that looks familiar. Anybody got a link to that track loader repair? It'd be interesting to compare the two.
Haha, eerily familiar...that's what I was thinking RobVG. Hopefully this will take you to the right page: Page 6 has the welding, Page 7 has some good discussion and input from Atco and Monte on why the 7018 rod didn't work.
Thanks boone, that's the one. Edit: Just saw your name on that thread boone. You sure gave it hell.:usa
Hi boone, I just had a look through your thread, man you definitely gave your one a good go! Sorry I did this job a couple of years ago and never took any more photos of it! I was lucky with this one not having any frost plugs in the way, this was the first time I had tried welding an engine block and I didn't drill any holes at the ends of the crack, I used Weldwell 801 cast iron rods (made in NZ) for this job as they seem to lay down a nice weld, pre heated the block with a gas torch for ages then kept the heat on for awhile afterwards. Had a couple of cracks that I re-welded till I got it down to a slight leak then like a rough b*****d put some cooling system stop leak in and it was away. Don't have the machine anymore so can't say how it's going now.
Glad to hear you had a little better outcome than we did. Yeah...it was a rough ordeal, but it had a happy ending. We learned a lot. Learned a few ways on how NOT to do it. Keep the jobs and pics coming HSV!
Another exhaust repair I did the other day. It's the stand pipe for a 613 scraper I've been driving for a guy, got sick of breathing diesel fumes all day! Bit on the rough side, only had my arc welder and some stainless rods, does the trick though.
Someone at the John Deere factory slipped up on this ointhead Patched it up for now, trying to get it replaced under warranty. Not too impressed with the design of this linkage, can't see it lasting too long with only that 8mm plate for the pin to turn in!!
What I've been up to lately. Been doing some work on this JCB 526-S Loadall for a guy, he just bought it for cheap, needless to say it's in a bit of a state! The guys he bought it off had used a weed spray pack to fill it up with diesel and that killed the injector pump, cost them $7,500 to rebuild but it was still running poorly, I found out they didn't do the injectors so had them checked and they were spent. Got them rebuilt and it's improved but seems to me the pump might be out of time as it idles fine with clean emission but when it revs past 1500rpm starts missing, hunting and blowing heaps of white/blue smoke (unburnt diesel) any thoughts? Also getting all the pins and bushes done on the boom as it appears the slight lack of grease has taken it's toll , the main pivot pin at the rear of the boom has a boss on each side that are about 8" long (which seems excessive) that were well seized in so we ended up cutting the pin each side of the boom with a metal cutting disc on the concrete saw, that'll teach it for messing with me
More JCB 526-S
Cat 613 And this is the 613 he bought for cheap, don't know who left the cap off the diesel tank but the birds thought it was great! Not easy to reverse the film though! Have to repair the floor and ejector as you can see, gotta love dealing with that rusty old steel
Also, if welding that pin like that is someones idea of a joke, I'm not laughing
hsv 127 excellent work man.
Floor all fixed up.
Thanks for the complement Steve, I see you've done some awesome work as well!
Very nice work! I do predict that you will learn one thing pretty soon though - Never give a woman a jewelry box. She's gonna expect you to fill it up! On second thought, maybe you can fab up some ear rings and such too!
Fendt seat repair. This is a Fendt 930 tractor that I fixed the other day. It has the reverse steer option which as you can see basically ripped out of the floor, gravity was the only thing holding it there! Was a bit of a mission but managed to fix it without having to lift the cab, also stripped the suspension on the seat and gave it a birthday replacing some worn pins and broken springs, didn't take any pics of that though. It's like a different tractor to drive now with the seat actually attached to the cab haha.