Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A Frame logging 1988

Tugger2 ยท 2023-03-14 13:02

I came across this video on You Tube .Interesting looking at some cold decking and A framing in recent times.

Replies7
  1. #1John C.2023-03-14 22:50

    That's impressive stuff. I've seen plenty of the scars on the hills in south east Alaska and talked with people who worked the A frames. When I was traveling up there, everything was roads and trucking. Pretty much like Washington and Oregon then.

  2. #2Tugger22023-03-15 15:14

    Imagine riding that cold decker up the hill. I can see why theres a few of them left in those places.

  3. #3John C.2023-03-15 16:42

    Did they pull the cold decker up the hill with the A frame? I've seen video of yarders on skids pulling themselves through the woods to the next spar. I can't image a diesel engine being able to run on that steep of incline.

  4. #4Former Wrench2023-03-15 18:48

    I thought the same. Maybe with a dry sump.

  5. #5Tugger22023-03-15 19:46

    Theres a video on Face Book if you go there .Marble Cove Logging. It shows a Donkey making its way up some pretty extreme ground. They way its smoking i think they just poured more oil into it and went for it.At one point it looked like it was going to flip on the operators side,no cab just lever in the open.

  6. #6cuttin edge2023-03-19 18:35

    I was hoping to see the

  7. #7Tugger22023-03-19 22:39

    The good old days ,watched them when i was a kid.