Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A funny way to move

fordhipo ยท 2004-10-06 21:19

Barge

Replies7
  1. #1Electra_Glide2004-10-08 12:22

    The movin' looks pretty straightforward, but the stoppin' is probably a bit trickier... I guess you could swing around 180 degrees and use the bucket as kind on an anchor... Joe

  2. #2Copenhagen2007-03-22 01:31

    I did that for months when I was in New Orleans after Katrina. Getting it going and keeping it going is pretty easy, but yes, stopping is another matter. If I was in a busy travel area, I kept it pretty slow. We just tucked the bucket under the barge and drug it along the bottom. You learned to get a feel of what was on the river bottom and you really felt it when your bucket hit a rock, log or a submerged car!

  3. #3Deas Plant2007-03-23 22:39

    Funny way to move. I'll bet it just beats the bejayzuz out of rowing.

  4. #4j.d.m.grading2007-08-29 22:18

    As a matter of fact not to long ago i say Rowboat Dock and dredge moving a barge with a cat 330 out along side I77

  5. #5Countryboy2007-08-29 22:28

    Welcome to HEF j.d.m.grading! :drinkup

  6. #6j.d.m.grading2007-08-30 13:53

    thanks countryboy i love the site

  7. #7thejdman042007-09-09 19:16

    git r done