Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A good seat

Parts ยท 2016-12-31 10:35

As I am sorting through my Gehl I am finding that I really like it. Engine should be going in soon. The machine is incredibly clean and I wouldn't mind keeping it so I think a good seat is in order. The original seat is trash and a Gehl 6635 seat at the dealer is around $250. I see some good USA made alternatives but I don't want to get a seat that becomes trash quickly. Any suggestions?

Replies8
  1. #1Parts2016-12-31 13:34

    Also I should mention my seat and sliders are totally junked so I need a seat on a new set of sliders and my bolt pattern is 11x11 but I can modify that as needed.

  2. #2deck602016-12-31 13:44

    I bought a seat like this for mine haven't put it in yet still in box just do a search for skid steer seat gehl there are about 20 listings http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-SEAT-...776344?hash=item27eca22ed8:g:2aEAAOSwxH1UI3bE

  3. #3Parts2016-12-31 13:52

    I did an eBay search and have a few I am trying to decide between but I was hoping someone had installed and used one of the options.

  4. #4DIYDAVE2016-12-31 19:31

    If you're good at drillin holes, in case the pattern don't fit, I have had great luck with the ones Surpluscenter.com sells...:idea

  5. #5Jeepwalker2017-01-01 18:30

    If you live in a cold climate region, might consider a heated seat option ...or retrofit.

  6. #6DoyleX2017-01-01 20:01

    Gammer air ride. A grand but worth every penny.

  7. #7deck602017-01-02 08:31

    I like that I will have to do that before I put my new one in

  8. #8Parts2017-01-03 14:38

    All good suggestions. I bought a good Milsco on eBay with sliders and all for $145.