Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A local Pub for Bauma 2013

UrParts · 2013-03-27 12:34

Hi All. Anyone planning on going to Bauma in Munich next month? Would it be worth selecting a Pub in central Munich to be the "Heavy Equipment Fourms" members local while there. Any suggestions?

Replies12
  1. #1tctractors2013-03-27 17:39

    The Pubs in Munich are fairly slow to set off, it often seems after about 11 pm things start getting crowded, I must say the U.K. style of Beer swilling is nothing like the German thing, they seem to only drink about a 3rd of what we seem to need??? I had the option to go this year but have declined just the other day due to the level of work, as I dont want to let people down, anyhow the Hotels are hard to get places in often needing an out of Town billet, so I would think meet-ups are best sorted on the show ground ?? I hope you have a good time,I always do (when I go)

  2. #2UrParts2013-03-29 07:24

    This is my first time going so I am really looking forward to it. I went to Intermat in Paris last year but Bauma is meant to be much bigger.

  3. #3UrParts2013-04-09 11:56

    Its getting close now so I am going to suggest an Irish Bar if there are no objections. I Googled around and found this one that is in the city centre and not far from the main station. http://www.kiliansirishpub.com/ I will check it out for the forum and let you know what it was like after. If any members are going for pints on the Wednesday night, lets go there, unless someone knows anywhere better.

  4. #4Steve Frazier2013-04-09 12:52

    Don't forget to take pictures!!

  5. #5axelfue2013-04-11 08:14

    If you go to Munich, go to the Hofbräuhaus. http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/en/index_en.html

  6. #6UrParts2013-04-11 10:24

    Thanks for the tip

  7. #7axelfue2013-04-11 10:30

    You have a Bauma-Ticket?

  8. #8UrParts2013-04-11 10:44

    Yes, Thanks. This is my first time going and I am really looking forward to it

  9. #9KWD2013-04-12 20:32

    Any hotels

  10. #10UrParts2013-04-14 09:42

    I booked one a few months ago and I think it is fairly well booked up by now.

  11. #11UrParts2013-04-22 11:02
  12. #12UrParts2013-04-22 11:05