Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A-Model Bunk

ianholt150 · 2022-12-28 18:28

I am in search of a coffin bunk for my 1981 Kenworth W900A. I keep striking out whenever I find one, it seems to be sold. I am in Missouri, but willing to travel or have it shipped on my dime.

Replies8
  1. #1Truck Shop2022-12-28 18:47

    Crawl through or sit in? I might know of one {I say might if it hasn't been sold}.

  2. #2ianholt1502022-12-28 18:54

    I'm not familiar with the difference, can you explain?

  3. #3Truck Shop2022-12-28 18:59

    Large or small opening in cab/sleeper.

  4. #4ianholt1502022-12-28 19:06

    No hole is there, I pulled the records from Kenworth, it came with a 36'' sleeper, original owner took the sleeper off to put a tag axle on it. They riveted a plate over the back of the cab and put a window in it. The replacement piece covers a large portion of the rear of the cab, so I would say large opening. I will take pictures and post them when I get a chance

  5. #5Truck Shop2022-12-28 19:12

    No need, I know what it is now-I will check tomorrow and get back.

  6. #6ianholt1502022-12-28 19:16

    What state would that bunk be in

  7. #7Truck Shop2022-12-28 19:28

    Oregon.

  8. #8ahart2022-12-29 10:50

    My father-in-law just restored an 82 900A with sleeper, thinking he changed out the sleeper when he did. I’ll ask what he’s still got. Indiana