Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A near miss or two…………

stock ยท 2011-08-19 12:11

worlds-luckiest-train-track-inspector Watch the vid and draw your own conclusions.............

Replies12
  1. #1digger242j2011-08-19 12:33

    I have to think some safety protocols were being violated there. But, uh, yeah. He's a pretty lucky guy...

  2. #2willie592011-08-19 18:32

    Wow, he shoulda went straight out and bought a lottery ticket.

  3. #3John C.2011-08-19 20:06

    Kinda looks like an old Buster Keaton movie to me.

  4. #4mitch5042011-08-19 21:37

    Now we know why 95ZIV hasn't been around lately; he's off meditating, trying to get his heart rate below 250.

  5. #5CM19952011-08-19 21:55

    I bet that guy won't go onto the tracks again without a train schedule.:cool2

  6. #6mitch5042011-08-19 23:09

    I showed it to my wife, and she said: "Boy, I'm glad I don't wash his underwear".

  7. #7Randy882011-08-20 06:19

    Makes you wonder who he upset to be sent out there at that particular moment in time. I also wonder if the one behind the controls in the lead engines ducked as they saw him start to jump out of the way.

  8. #8oldtanker2011-09-08 11:26

    We laugh at things like that when no one is injured but it really isn't that funny when you think about it. We had a soldier in my unit in Germany killed in the early 90's by a high speed train while playing chicken on the tracks with some of his friends. Alcohol and 200 MPH trains don't mix well. At least that guy in the vid had his wits about him. And yea someone needs to see why that guy was out there when those trains were running through like that. Rick

  9. #9tedtirao712011-09-15 08:51

    i have seen this vid somewhere else... i thought it was a part of a movie or just an edited/not real video... and since it is a real one, he is lucky... nearmiss? a-100%..... i am pretty sure there are protocols when it comes to these inspections... the guy just totally didnt follow any....

  10. #10olezy2011-12-09 22:22

    Wife says-Soo how was work today hun? Guy says-Well lets just say my underwear are gonna be stuck to my a** for the next week... I ALMOST GOT HIT BY THREE TRAINS!

  11. #11coorecat2012-01-30 13:49

    If this is real that is one of the luckiest guys in the world!

  12. #12robin yates uk2012-01-30 23:16

    I have done some railway work in the UK. The track restrictions have to be complied with. Excavators must be clear of the line by 20 metres and clear of the track 15 minutes before a highspeed train is due.Makes for a very easy working day,,:notworthy