Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A new mini?

barklee ยท 2014-05-17 22:15

I am am having thoughts about replacing our mini ex. We currently have a Bobcat 331 2004-05 model. We dont really use it a whole lot but its getting to the point where everything is leaking. The machine has been beat to death and it keeps ticking...... I dont have anything negative to say about bobcats other than they beat you up pretty bad running them all day. My next machine will have to be a zero swing, and preferably an angled dozier blade. I havent really set out to try any machines yet, but i have ran a newer Cat 305 and a Volvo ??? not sure the size. If anyone has suggestions on something maybe a size larger than the one i currently have it would be appreciated. I am drawn toward the Kubotas and Volvos not sure why....... just had real good luck with Kubota engines and my friend has a Volvo he really likes.

Replies4
  1. #1lumberjack2014-05-17 22:35

    I bought a KX057-4 in December with cab/air/dual aux circuits/thumb/angle blade... I've been very happy with it, around 200 hours on it currently. Some misc videos of it working: www.youtube.com/rutherfordconllc

  2. #2pafarmer2014-05-18 05:49

    I just bought a CAT 303.5, cab, air, dual hydro, thumb, deluxe air seat. Awesome machine in every respect. I own a E50 bobcat as well. Loaded A91,package machine. Very nice excavator with the ability to handle some big jobs for a mini. Think about the dealer that closest to you . It's the service after the sales that means the most as all of the mini on the market today by the big manufacturers are great machines in my opinion. Best of luck in your search. Lumberjack, your video were fun to watch..

  3. #3barklee2014-05-18 09:57

    I should say that i am going to look at a "new to me" machine. Maybe a 2008-2009 year machine. I will definitely be looking at that Kubota machine. Also, the Bobcat E50. I think the Cat might be a bit on the small side of what we want but the 305 appears to be about right. Seems like everyone in my area runs the bobcats, although i have a cat skid and they are great with the service.

  4. #4PeytonM2014-05-18 19:28

    Kubota has killer deals out right now I'm looking at buying a KX121-3 the dealer I'm dealing with works very hard to please and I really like that, I called a deere and cat dealer and it was like pulling teeth to find out any real detailed info or try one out.