This is supposed to be a "speed sensor" for a hydrostatic motor on a JD 750c, but I think it senses how many cents, you no longer have! At a price of $446.60, it should sense cents, right to the penny... :lmao They'll probably be mad at my "advertising display" too... and won't let me have any more... lol Ha!... looks like old Benjamin has a rather smug smile, on that one bill... probably figures it's about my last one... he's right too... OCR
I think is a sign of the times OCR ,They all want more money for less.I had a similiar experience today as a dealer gave me a price on bottom rollers for the fiat-allis 16 B .They only wanted $900.00 a roller.I'll put a few used rollers on and pull the track frames off this winter and install CAT or Komatsu rollers on the 16-b.25c has a magnetic drill press and I like to drill holes & adapt if it saves money.
Package all that up (including the money) and ship it to me. I need to test that sensor...it think it might be defective.
It could be!!! I just looked... the moneys all gone... It wouldn't even work as a paper weight... lol OCR...
Is that $404?? what happened to the other 42smackers ?????? own up now come on .!!!!!!!!!!!
That looks similar to the speed sensor on a Dodge pickup.Very similar,similar enough that if a person was a little bit creative..........I mean the connector even seems like it. All it is is a magnetic sensor that detects the motion of a rotating wheel with notches in it and creates a pulse to send to the computer...........I mean.......the Dodge ones are about 40 bucks.Send me the old one,maybe I can fix it.Our pickups have two sensors,one in the rear differential housing and one in the transmission.The one in the rearend looks like yours.It is the same principle as the optical sensor in your old roller ball mouse except that the mouse uses an optical switch to detect motion.There are two in a mouse,one is vertical and the other horizontal.Ron G
It is possiable ..but ..we are talking Millivolts.. and then current Milliamps .. Similar in shape yes ..but what it does could fry , eventally fry, or not work with the Ecm .. Dont think measuring resistance could help either ... its output is what matter's .. I remember a tech trying to get a delayed wiper system back working ,,it came down to the chip ..referance to this chip was non-exsistant ..after a few phone calls ..it was found that Dodge had this chip made and it was exclusive..meaning unless your at the plant with the proper channels you could not order this chip.. 13 other similar but this one was the only one that would work.. So for less than 20 bucks ..a new system was employed just using a 555 timer IC
I am not 100% sure but looking at the S/N tag it looks like JD buys it from Sauer, if you have a SunSource dealer near you they can probably save you some money. Paul
The sensor is a part from Sauer-Danfoss.
Bing it to the sauer-danfoss dealer in the morning and then bring it back to deere!